At Round Table Design, we’ve been seeing a trend toward the Modern Rustic interior design style lately! During the pandemic, many people moved out of cities and purchased homes in more remote areas. We’ve seen it all – from sprawling ranch-style homes to secluded cabin getaways, and everything in between! While each of these projects is distinctly unique, they share a common theme: Embracing the character of their rustic locales while also embodying modern elegance.
The Modern Rustic interior design style is characterized by the combination of rugged natural beauty with clean lines and sophisticated palettes. It employs old-world charm and new-age refinement.
Below, we’re sharing some of our favorite photos of our Modern Rustic work – along with tips and tricks for striking that perfect balance of old and new, rustic and chic.
- Vintage furniture and decor
- Leather studded chair
- Wood-beamed ceiling
- Stained concrete floor
- Beautiful new lighting: Pendants and sconces
- High ceilings
- White walls
- Large windows and double doors to let in the natural light
- Modern dining furniture
The combination of vintage furnishings with modern renovations keeps all of the cozy in this cabin, while also creating the illusion of space!
- Wood-beamed ceiling
- Hanging pendants with natural patina
- Natural color palette with deep tones
- Vintage counter stools
- Patterned tile backsplash
- All new appliances
- White paint on ceilings and walls
- Modern styling
This kitchen puts a fresh, modern spin on the classic rustic style. It’s a perfect spot for cooking, eating, and entertaining.
- Southwest-inspired color palette
- Wrought iron dining chairs
- Wood and bone accessories
- Ultra-high ceilings designed to keep the space cool during the hot summer
- Hanging pendant light fixture
- Minimalist styling
For this Texas hill country home, we took a different approach to the modern rustic style. This space evokes more of a Southwestern feel, with the warm terracotta palette and wrought iron detailing.
- Artwork and accessories
- Studded leather partition
- Traditional wooden chair
- Color palette of deep browns and blues
- Natural grasscloth wallcovering
- High wainscoting
- Custom millwork (not shown here)
This space feels like a beautiful mish-mash of a traditional study, an old western, and a modern home office.
Ready to create a modern rustic interior design in your space?
Contact Round Table Design today!
For more interior inspiration, follow Round Table Design on Instagram.